The Old Meeting House, Third Presbyterian Church

Name/Title

The Old Meeting House, Third Presbyterian Church

Entry/Object ID

1840

Description

Same photo as 181. Written on back: The "Old Meeting House" at Bedford Village. Erected 1783 on land given by Capt. Lewis McDonald at the top of the hill at the north end of the village on the west side of the road. Moved to a site on the Cross river road about 2 miles from the village in 1871 after the new church was built and used as a chapel for several years. Still standing in poor condition and not used for curch services." 2008- currently located at Westmoreland Sanctuary