Stonington Lumber Company

Name/Title

Stonington Lumber Company

Entry/Object ID

2025.201.46

Description

Color photograph showing the driveway to Stonington Lumber Company, with 101 Main Street at the right. Plywood is covering the main display windows, indicating these photographs were likely taken after some type of hurricane to document the damage. Stonington Lumber Company was opened in 1929 by Andrew Wheaton Perry (1867-1948) and his son Burrows Perry (1897-1990), ultimately passing to Burrows' son, Andy Perry (1927-2014). The company was closed and sold to developers in 2006, and was demolished.

Collection

PERRY

Made/Created

Time Period

20th Century