Name/Title
Back of LighthouseEntry/Object ID
2002.0613.049Scope and Content
Photograph showing the back of Lighthouse with sitting area overlooking Little Naragansett Bay, circa 1930s
Note with print states "tea" served in rear of lighthouse keeper's hosue date unknown. Car identified as circa 1930s (pre War)
per Mary Beth Baker, "The area was used for serving tea before WWII. The terrace was destroyed in the Hurricane of 1938 and not rebuilt. Stonington Garden Club installed a herbaceous border in area after WWII. (3/23/2011)
Copy on slide 8-3
taken by Ingrid Fedderson, 1991
Index card done by Jack FixCollection
Dorothea Hewitt Gould Collection