Name/Title
PaintingEntry/Object ID
2009.500.0246Description
Oil painting of the Stanton House on east end of Fisher's Island., done by Charles Edward Pendleton Noyes, while keeper of Latimer Light, about 1845. The house is late 17th century (dating to the 1660s) and was occupied by Col Benjamin Stanton of Stonington from 1819 to 1823, who carried on extensive farming on Fisher's Island. (See Hist. Footnotes, Aug. 1970.)
Refuted by Pierce Rafferty, no land was sold on Fishers until 1877.
See also painting on panel of City of Macon (steam sailor)Collection
Lighthouse CollectionMade/Created
Date made
1845Notes
Made: Noyes, Charles E.