Las Olas Inn Hurricane Damage 1926

Name/Title

Las Olas Inn Hurricane Damage 1926

Entry/Object ID

P-1246

Description

Las Olas Inn showing downed tree damage from the 1926 Hurricane.

Collection

FLHS Postcard Collection

Cataloged By

TLB

Made/Created

Date made

1926

Lexicon

Nomenclature 4.0

Nomenclature Primary Object Term

Postcard

Nomenclature Sub-Class

Writing Media

Nomenclature Class

Written Communication T&E

Nomenclature Category

Category 06: Tools & Equipment for Communication

LOC Thesaurus for Graphic Materials

Hotels, Hurricanes

Search Terms

Business & Commerce

Other Names and Numbers

Other Numbers

Number Type

Other Number

Other Number

5-203, 5-15272, X-543-22

Maintenance

Maintenance History

Date

Jun 27, 2007

Relationships

Related Person or Organization

Person or Organization

King, Edwin

Related Entries

Notes

5-15272, 5-203, 5-5273, 5-8140, X-543-22

General Notes

Note

Notes: In 1902, Edwin King constructed a hollow concrete block building for John McGregor Adams. By 1910, the Las Olas Inn was the only beach hotel. It remained open until it was demolished in 1954.

Created By

admin@catalogit.app

Create Date

July 21, 2007

Updated By

eandrews@historyfortlauderdale.org

Update Date

February 8, 2024