West Side Fire Station c.1927

Name/Title

West Side Fire Station c.1927

Entry/Object ID

5-4438

Description

The West Side Fire Station on W. Las Olas Boulevard in the Waverly Place Subdivision was designed by Francis Luis Abreu in 1927. This was one of the few city projects undertaken after the devastating 1926 hurricane. Also called Fire Station No. 3 (in later years no. 8) the station was decommissioned by the city in 2005 and now is operated as a Fire Department History Museum.

Collection

Historic Photograph Collection

Cataloged By

MCR

Made/Created

Date made

circa 1927

Notes

Negative No.: 5-4438

Lexicon

Nomenclature 4.0

Nomenclature Secondary Object Term

Print, Photographic

Nomenclature Primary Object Term

Photograph

Nomenclature Sub-Class

Graphic Documents

Nomenclature Class

Documentary Objects

Nomenclature Category

Category 08: Communication Objects

Maintenance

Maintenance History

Date

Nov 17, 2006

Created By

admin@catalogit.app

Create Date

December 8, 2006

Updated By

eandrews@historyfortlauderdale.org

Update Date

April 2, 2024