Name/Title
Ahavath Chesed Congregation,Entry/Object ID
2016.019.040Description
Ahavath Chesed Congregation
SE Corner of Laura and Ashley Streets
Built in 1910, this is the third building for the synagogue (the first located at the southeast corner of Laura and Union Streets and completed in 1882; the second located on the same site and was the first house of worship rebuilt after the 1901 fire). The second location was sold in January 1908, to the Greek Orthodox Church.
Congregation Ahavath Chesed bought the southeast corner of Laura and Ashley streets and began building the temple. The corner stone was laid on October 19, 1909, and the temple was dedicated September 23-24, 1910.Collection
Woodward Photo CollectionMade/Created
Studio
The Woodward Studio, Inc.Lexicon
Nomenclature 4.0
Nomenclature Secondary Object Term
Photograph, Black-and-WhiteNomenclature Primary Object Term
PhotographNomenclature Sub-Class
Graphic DocumentsNomenclature Class
Documentary ObjectsNomenclature Category
Category 08: Communication Objects