Spring tour of homes (biannual supplement to Jacksonville Magazine).

Name/Title

Spring tour of homes (biannual supplement to Jacksonville Magazine).

Entry/Object ID

Library.1834

Tags

Library periodicals of June 4 2023

Description

8 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm Spring tour of homes (biannual supplement to Jacksonville Magazine). Rap and SPAR. Periodical. Library has: 2019 flip book, April 27-28 -- 2018 flip book , April 14-15 -- 2017 flip book, April 29 & 30 -- 2015, Spring tour of homes (biannual supplement to Jacksonville Magazine).April 25 & 26 2015 -- 2011, April 16 & 17, 37th annual RAP tour of homes -- 2006, April 29 & 30, 32nd annual RAP tour of homes (Times Union published) -- 2005, April 23 & 24, 31st annual RAP home tour -- 1982, March 27 & 28, 8th annual home tour (not sure who published, RAP?) -- 1631 Edgewood Avenue house built in 1927 for James Alexander -- 1412 Wolfe Street house built in 1925 by E. W. Thomas for O. P. Dinkinson -- 1309 Challen Avenue house built in 1929 by 3 Chappell sisters -- 3406 Pine Street house built in 1946 for B. Holmes Tucker who worked for Fletcher Motors -- 3418 Riverside Avenue house built in 1922 by Henry Taylor -- 3206 Riverside Avenue house built by H. F. McAden for his family in 1927 -- 2799 Riverside Avenue house built in 1911 for Fred G. Barwald, a real estate broker -- 2789 St. Johns Avenue -- 2646 Herschel Street house began as a 1 story in 1913 with second story added in 1928 -- 2111 Ernest Street house was built in 1914 by T. B. Hamby and designed by William Marsh -- 1868 Shadowlawn Street built in 1924 by Marsh & Saxelbye firm for Richard Lake -- 3644 Richmond Street designed by Marsh & Saxelbye firm for R. V. Covington in 1925. Articles on :Memorial Park -- Robert Wheeler who was the Home Tour artist for RAP & drew b/w sketches of each house. Other titles: Annual spring home and garden tour -- Home tour & antique show -- Tour of homes & antique show -- Home tour. Title from cover. Biannual supplement (spring, fall) to Jacksonville Magazine. Spring 2005 RAP tour: 1372 Avondale Avenue, spec house for P. G. Clarkson -- 3718 St. Johns Avenue -- 2359 College Street known as Marybuilt Apartments designed by Henrietta Dozier -- 2118 St. Johns Avenue -- 2043 College Street designed by Marsh and Saxelbye -- 3688 Pine Street built by Walter G. Parks for A. C. Ackerman -- 1759 Greenwood Street -- 3688 Riverside Avenue -- 3574 Riverside Avenue -- 2609 Park Street, St. Paul's Church. Article includes:Portraits of the past by Wayne W. Wood (Woman's Club building location of garden party in 1938, Hemming Park & surrounding buildings in 1913, & flag-draped women in Riverside Park 1898 for patriot rally). Spring 2006 RAP tour: 1025 Park Street, Five Points Theater, 1st for talkies -- 2101 College Street -- 2650 Park Street, Riverside Baptist Church sanctuary built by Addison Mizner in 1924 -- 2605 Herschel Street built in 1911, former owner manager of May-Cohens Co. dept. store -- 2784 Park Street built in 1924 for the Nasrallah family -- 1828 Powell Place built for J. T. Butler in 1924 -- 3116 St. Johns Avenue designed by Marion Sims Wyeth in 1924 for Helen Parrot, widow of president of FL East Coast Railway -- 3222 St. Johns Avenue built in 1914, moved by oxen 1 block, & lived in by generations of the Frederick McConnel family -- 3708 St. Johns Avenue --1918 Morningside Street. Articles: Five Points: Eclectic & vibrant. Close proximity ... on Murray Hill history. Architectural styles explained. Spring 2011 RAP tour: Beerbower house -- 2063 Oak Street designed by Klutho for R. H. McGinnis and James Love -- 1028 Osceola Street -- 2736 Herschel Street built by J. H. Hill for Howard Vaugh, foreman for postal carriers -- 2801 Herschel Street, West Riverside Elementary, remodeled by Klutho -- 2842 St. Johns Avenue built for Lorenzo Baldwin -- 2970 St. Johns Avenue, Unit 1F -- 2959 Riverside Avenue completed by Edward M. Cheney in 1870 and later bought by Wellington Cummer -- 2961 Herschel Street -- 2962 Herschel Street built by E. G. Rogers -- 3222 St. Johns Avenue house moved 1 block by Frederick McConnel in 1914 -- 3338 Riverside Avenue designed by Roy Benjamin for owner L. M. Lippman -- 3536 Pine Street built for the General Postmaster of Murray Hill. Spring 2015 RAP tour: 2136 St. Johns Avenue -- 2231 St. Johns Avenue -- 1649 Osceola Street designed for St. Claire Adams who was Klutho's 1st private client -- 2357 Riverside Avenue -- 2623 Herschel Street known as The Buckland House after George Buckland family -- 2634 Herschel Street -- 3027 St. Johns Avenue -- 1332 Belvedere Avenue -- 3305 St. Johns Avenue built for wife of T. V. Porter -- 3535 Riverside Avenue -- 3554 Richmond Street owned formerly by Edna Williams -- 3664 Hedrick Street known as Kennedy Home after furniture dealer George William Kennedy. Spring 2017 RAP tour section: 3110 St. Johns Avenue -- 3900 Richmond Street -- Garden Club of Jacksonville building, 1005 Riverside Avenue -- 3331 Oak Street built by N. G. Hammond -- 3684 Oak Street -- 1850 Powell Place for C. H. Lloyd, Cummer Lumber Company General Manager -- 2506 Post Street -- Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd at 1100 Stockton Street -- 2773 Oak Street designed by Mellen Clark Greeley -- 1610 Osceola Street -- 3536 Pine Street -- 2254 Myra Street built by Snelson -- Willowbranch Branch Library -- 2301 Oak Street -- Fishweir Elementary at 3977 Herschel Street. Spring 2017 39th historic Springfield (SPAR) tour section: 252 East 3rd street, former home of St. Elmo W. Acosta -- 320 East 7th Street, former home of Isadore & Josephine Woods -- 450 East 6th Street, former home of Frank Taylor a bookkeeper with Evergreen Cemetery -- 1437 North Laura Street -- 1343 Silver Street for Earl Calkins -- 149 West 3rd Street, former home of William A. McMillan of McMillan Brothers Copper Works. Spring 2018 RAP tour section: 3105 St. Johns Avenue built for Frank Dearing, 3209 Oak Street -- 3919 St. Johns Avenue built on lot associated with descendant of Stockton family -- 3921 St. Johns Avenue -- 1290 Talbot Avenue -- 1481 Avondale Avenue built for H. F. McAden -- 1333 Hollywood Avenue -- 1339 Hollywood Avenue -- 1164 Day Avenue -- 1817 Bayard Place built for G. W. Gibbs of Gibbs Gas Engine Company -- 2605 Herschel Street built for David Leon of the May-Cohens Department Store -- 2540 Oak Street known as the Delgado Building later Judson's Restaurant -- 2301 Oak Street -- 2165 Oak Street built for C. R. Allen of Our Home Life Insurance Company. Spring 2018 40th historic Springfield (SPAR) tour section: 1448 North Liberty Street -- 1412 Hubbard Street built by Severinus C. Fiske -- 421 East 6th Street -- 303 West 4th Street formerly parsonage for Bethel Baptist Church -- 1333 Silver Street built by H. F. McAden -- 1729 North Laura Street -- 1353 North Pearl Street once owned by Jacob Safer who formed a Jewish congregation who met there -- 1425 North Laura Street. Spring 2019 RAP tour section: 1876 Montgomery Place built in 1926 owned by T. & A. Williams -- 3862 Arden Street built in 1929 owned by Jim Delgado -- 1022 Barrs Street built in 1904 -- Whiteway Corner owned by George Martin -- 1252 Challen Avenue built in 1922 owned by Marino's -- 1843 Challen Avenue built in 1927 by W. T. Hadlow wit Forbes Streeth plans drawn by O. E. Schoepell -- 1717 Edgewood Avenue built in 1924 for Mrs. F. P. Hoover owned by Bobck's -- John Gorrie dog park -- 2332 Forbes Street built in 1913 as a Sears catalogue home -- 2605 Herschel Street built in 1911 for David Leon, manager at the May-Cohens department store -- 2546 Herschel Street owned by Michael Ondina, general manager at Evergreen Cemetery, & his wife, Janine -- 1423 Rensselaer Avenue owned by Elizabeth McGovern, smallest house in RAP district -- 1390 Belvedere Avenue built in 1922 designed by Marsh & Saxelby for A. Martin. Spring 2019 41th historic Springfield (SPAR) tour section: 419 E. 3rd street built in 1914 owned by Duffie's -- 324 E. 3rd street built in 1902 -- 1554 N. Market Street was built in 1914 -- 1334 Hubbard Street built circa 1895 -- 1210 N. Market Street -- 230 E. 3rd Street -- 2036 Redwing Street built in 1928 by the Copelin family -- 1427 N. Market Street owned by the Rumbach family

Collection

Library

Lexicon

Nomenclature 4.0

Nomenclature Secondary Object Term

Periodical

Nomenclature Primary Object Term

Serial

Nomenclature Sub-Class

Other Documents

Nomenclature Class

Documentary Objects

Nomenclature Category

Category 08: Communication Objects

Search Terms

Architecture -- Florida -- Jacksonville., Historic buildings -- Florida -- Jacksonville., Avondale (Jacksonville, Fla.)., Springfield (Jacksonville, Fla.)., Riverside (Jacksonville, Fla.)., Klutho, Henry John, 1873-1964., Cummer, Wellington., Murray Hill (Jacksonville, Fla.)., Dozier, Henrietta C., Mizner, Addison -- 1872-1933., Marsh and Saxelbye, Architects (Jacksonville, Fla.)., Memorial Park (Jacksonville, Fla.).

Publication Details

Author

Jacksonville Magazine. Riverside Avondale Preservation, Inc., Riverside Avondale Preservation, Inc. Springfield Preservation and Revitalization Council (SPAR).

Publisher

Jacksonville Magazine Riverside Avondale Preservation, Inc.

Place Published

* Untyped Place Published

Jacksonville, Fla.

Date Published

2011 - 2018

Call No.

Periodical shelf alphabetically by title

Notes

Creation Date: 2011-2018