Name/Title
Jacksonville Children's MuseumEntry/Object ID
2020.9.1557Tags
Lorenzo Wilson ResidenceDescription
The Lorenzo Wilson Residence was build in 1917 by architect Arthur Gilkes. It was located at 1160 Riverside Avenue.
The Jacksonville Children's Museum was chartered in 1941 by The Association for Childhood Education. In 1948, the museum moved to a Victorian house in the Riverside neighborhood (1061 Riverside Ave., this photo). In 1969, a building designed by William Morgan opened on the St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, In 1977, it became the Museum of Arts & Science and then in 1988, became the Museum of Science & History.
The Jacksonville Children's Museum was founded by Jean White Davis. The house on Riverside Avenue was acquired with the help of Junior League as the museum's first permanent home.Collection
Photographs CollectionLexicon
Nomenclature 4.0
Nomenclature Secondary Object Term
Photograph, Black-and-WhiteNomenclature Primary Object Term
PhotographNomenclature Sub-Class
Graphic DocumentsNomenclature Class
Documentary ObjectsNomenclature Category
Category 08: Communication ObjectsSearch Terms
Architectural decorations & ornaments, Architecture, Building, Buildings, Museums, Children, Children's museums