Name/Title
PhotographEntry/Object ID
2017.030.0717Description
This photo is of the old bridge on West "K" street in Benicia. The photo shows the west end of the bridge and the bark sheds owned by Sumner's Tannery. It looks like snow on the ground.
The SF Call had an article on Benicia in the 03/11/1895 edition and noted the three large tanneries here at that time (see attached). The second largest was the Sumner Tannery run by Charles Stewart, VP.Collection
Benicia Historical Museum Collection