Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
1994.064.0005Description
Black and white view from southwest of three-story stone building with crenellated roof edge and Clock Tower edge, two elevated towers at northwest and southeast corners. Flag atop tower. Piles of ammunition at front and along side. Electrical pole in front of tower.
This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.Collection
Benicia Arsenal Collection