Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
1984.001.0007.17cDescription
B/W photograph: four individuals in the garden at St. Catherine's, left to right: Walter Gieffels, Fire Chief; two Dominican Sisters; and Steve DeBenedetti. The nuns are holding boxes from the corner stones which were removed by the two men. The Convent was built in 1859 and demolished in April 1966.
The nuns have been identified as Sister Alicia Lechner (left) and Sister Antonia Babbish (right).Collection
Benicia Historical Museum Collection