Print, Photographic

486 East H Street Benicia CA   1986

486 East H Street Benicia CA 1986

Name/Title

Print, Photographic

Entry/Object ID

2007.046.0073

Scope and Content

Color Photograph: 486 East H Street Benicia CA Parcel No: 80-171-16 Constructed circa 1855 Simple two-story Colonial farm house style. Historic Name: Barzilla Cox House (sometimes spelled Cocks) The house was burned in the 1980's as a training session for Solano CountyFire Fighter. The house was historically significant due to its age and simple colonial farm house style. Little is known of Barzilla Cox (somes spelled Cocks) except that he owned the property from the mid-1850's until at least 1881. It is unknown if he built the two cottages on the western portion of his property or if he subdivided the land. By 1919 Dr. Philip Fry owned all three houses. .

Collection

Benicia Architectural Study - 1989