Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
2007.046.0077Scope and Content
Color Photograph:
563 East H Street Benicia CA
Parcel No: 89-072-14
The owner in 1986 claimed the house came around The Horn in the 1850's. They owned the house for 62 years at that time. Sixty years ago they remodelled. It was once a two-story house. The timbers in the lower half were failing in some way, so workmen propped up the second story, removed the lower floor and eased the second story down on supports where it became (the front four rooms) part of the house as it exists today.Collection
Benicia Architectural Study - 1989