Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
1993.055.0029Description
B/W Photograph in Benicia Arsenal of the reflecting pool at the east entrance to the Commandant's House; the view is from the Commandant's House toward the east focusing on the Clock Tower; on the reverse side the date of the photo is placed in the early 20th century (prior to the Clock Tower explosion).
This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.Collection
Benicia Arsenal Collection