Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
1993.055.0034Description
B/W Photograph of the Clock Tower before 1912; the date of 1994 is written in reddish ink on the front, however the photograph was taken when the three floors were still intact (before the 1912 explosion). Therefore the date should most likely be 1894.
This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.Collection
Benicia Arsenal Collection