Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
2016.004.0006Description
A copy of a photo from the California State Library Benicia collection. The photo shows Willard's Hotel with a group of people and dogs standing in front. The Willard Hotel was on the corner of First and A street in Benicia. It was very close to where the Jurgensen Saloon was later built. In fact, Jurgensen bought the 1 1/2 story hotel in 1889. He then either remodeled ther existing structure or built a new building on that spot circa 1902. The original owner was Joshua Willard but a later proprietor was Myrick Folsom.
The black and white copy is from the California State Library. The color version was taken at the library from the original and is only in digital format.Collection
Benicia Historical Museum Collection