Name/Title
Print, PhotographicEntry/Object ID
2020.006.0060Description
This is a photograph of the Clock Tower. This is building # 29 constructed in 1859. It was then rebuilt as a 2 story building after the fire in 1921. In this early photo we see a cart and horse in front of the building. It looks like cannon balls stacked along the side of the building.
This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.Collection
Benicia Arsenal Collection