Print, Photographic

Clock Tower before the fire

Clock Tower before the fire

Name/Title

Print, Photographic

Entry/Object ID

2019.002.0015

Description

B/W Photograph - Clock Tower 5-1/4" x 4-3/4" written on the back in pencil: "Old stone store-house at Benicia Arsenal - about 1914 (?) before fire that destroyed the top floor." This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.

Collection

Benicia Historical Museum Collection

Made/Created

Date made

circa 1914