Print, Photographic

Name/Title

Print, Photographic

Entry/Object ID

1993.055.0035

Description

Faded B/W (or grey-toned) Photograph of the Clock Tower; written on the front in reddish ink: "Benicia Arsenal 1859". This storehouse was designed by Benicia Arsenal Commander Franklin D. Callender and Jeremiah Fuss in 1858. Caleb Merrill was the Master Mason. Construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1860.

Collection

Benicia Arsenal Collection

Made/Created

Date made

1859