Name/Title
Gate Lodge, Stan Hywet Hall ConstructionEntry/Object ID
SHH 2017.122.2Description
Black and white photo postcard of Stan Hywet Gate Lodge under construction with a very wide white border (1/2"). A view of the Gate Lodge with four workers standing in front of side entrance as viewed from the driveway, with some construction debris in the foreground. Hand written on the back "Gardener's Home,/ F.A. Seiberling Farm/ Portage Path/ May 8, 1915"Collection
PERMANENT COLLECTIONCataloged By
Bruce GreerAcquisition
Accession
SHH 2017.122Source or Donor
Mrs J. F. RappAcquisition Method
GiftMade/Created
Date made
1915Notes
Medium: Photographic PaperDimensions
Height
3-1/2 inWidth
5-1/2 inDimension Notes
Image size 4.125" x 2.375"Condition
Overall Condition
FairNotes
Dirty and yellowed with ageGeneral Notes
Note
Notes: One of three photos taken the same day.
Original or Copy: OriginalNote Type
Historical NoteNote
The initial superintendent of the estate was the head gardener who lived in what we now call the Gate Lodge.Created By
admin@catalogit.appCreate Date
June 8, 2017Updated By
bwelch@stanhywet.orgUpdate Date
August 4, 2025